Sunday, February 3, 2013

Clicker Expo 2013: Room with a View Point

I only stayed for half of this because I had to take Chimera out to run around. I was disappointed that (at least during the time I was there), there weren't any really meaty questions for them to have deep discussions on. Most of the beginning was the panelists talking about the changes to dog/animals training that have had the most impact on them during the past 20 years. Here are the notes/quotes I wrote down:

Myth - don't add cue until behavior is 100% how you want it. Using cue earlier reduces frustration by giving the dog information.

Adding R+ training to a dog's life may not help if other situations are still P+. It's crazy-making for dog to have "a little bit of everything", ie, clicker and shocks.

Watch out for poisoned cues!

Even clicker training can be aversive with poor application.

No comments:

Post a Comment