Thursday, October 26, 2017

Fast CAT

Chimera now starts barking and lunging with excitement when we're close to the lure. I'm glad the enjoys the chase but man is that annoying.

He ran full out and reached an estimated speed of 16.40 mph - consistent with his previous runs. The time to run 300 yards was 12.47 seconds. That earns him 32.8 points, bringing his total to 121.29. We need only 28.71 points to get his BCAT title - one more run! Of course I don't do this for the titles, but because he LOVES it.

This time I had another person release him at the start and caught him at the end. I squeaked his favorite ball and tossed it ahead of him as he crossed the finish line. The squeak worked to get his attention but he looked so disappointed that I didn't throw the ball very far. Then I scooped him up and fed him many many pieces of chicken to make it a memorable, pleasant event. We'll see if that holds up for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment